VERMEULENS BUILD IT
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
– Our goal is that you as our valued customer are completely satisfied with your purchase from VERMEULENS BUILD IT.
All quotations are subject to the following:
– All quotations are valid for seven (7) calendar days and are subject to the availability of stock.
– The acceptance of the quotation document confirms the prices and quantities contained therein.
– Quantities are only an estimation and must be confirmed by the client.
– We cannot be held responsible for over- or short-supply.
– “NSI” behind the product code indicates a non-stock item.
– Please allow 5% breakages on all bricks and tiles.
– Allow 48 hours for bank deposits to show in our bank account.
– The total value of our quotations is inclusive of VAT.
– Unless specified in the quotation, all delivery costs are excluded.
– If a price displayed contains an error which leans to an obvious and/or inadvertent error, VERMEULENS BUILD IT is not bound thereto.
– VERMEULENS BUILD IT is not bound by a price displayed that has been altered or obscured by an unauthorized person.
– Our suppliers offer a warranty on products on apparent faults within a certain period (which is fixed from the original date of purchase) and we thus cannot exchange a product without prior approval from the supplier thereof.
– The warranty period and conditions differ from supplier to supplier. For full details on a specific supplier’s warranty, you can visit their respective websites or we can, on request, check with the supplier for the details as specified by them.
– A normal warranty includes the option to repair a product and not replace it immediately.
– We reserve the right to test and examine the product to confirm the alleged defect and to send the product to our supplier for technical evaluation prior to the product being repaired, replaced or refunded.
– Please read all supplier instructions before using or installing the product as no returns will be accepted following the use or installation of the products.
– Please ensure that the product is suitable for the purpose for which it has been purchased.
- Warranty does not apply to any: – Products damaged by accident, abuse, tampering, neglect, misuse, or maltreatment.
– Unauthorised repairs by unqualified persons. – Normal wear and tear, indentations, scratches, and surface damage. – Used for a purpose other than that which it was designed for.
- The warranty on installed and uninstalled geysers will expire if the geyser is removed or tampered with during the warranty period.
- VERMEULENS BUILD IT warrants all customers personal service and the least possible inconvenience in solving any problem as quickly as possible.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
– VERMEULENS BUILD IT’s total liability for damages arising out of or in connection with the supply of products, shall be limited to an amount equal to a refund of the purchase price of the products.
– VERMEULENS BUILD IT shall not be liable for any loss, liability, damage, claim or injury (including indirect or consequential loss) arising from or in connection with the supply of products.
– VERMEULENS BUILD IT shall not be liable for any incidental or consequential damages including but not limited to loss of profits, loss of sales, lost production and/or expenses incurred in anticipation of VERMEULENS BUILD IT’s performance.
– VERMEULENS BUILD IT shall not be liable for any innocent or negligent misrepresentations made by any of its employees or agents.
RETURN OF PRODUCTS
Products purchased may be returned within sixty (60) calendar days for a refund or exchange if:
– The original till slip is returned with the product.
– The product was not used or installed at all.
– The product is in its original condition and unopened packaging.
– A faulty product will be subject to a technical assessment by a specialist before being repaired, replaced, or refunded.
– The consumer may return products to the supplier if said product is returned within the cooling-off period (15 business days).
– If said product has been opened, the supplier may charge the consumer a reasonable amount for that reason.
– VERMEULENS BUILD IT shall be entitled to charge a return fee of 15% for costs relating to handling.
– Refunds will only be made in the same tender as the purchased tender.
– Any paint/s specially mixed to the customer’s choice and/or need.
– Any item/s cut to a specific size or length.
– Any electrical appliance/s or -product/s.
– Any non-stock item/s specifically ordered on the customer’s behalf. o Indicated with “NSI” behind stock code.
– Any product/s damaged by lightning, misused, or deliberately damaged.
7. BREAKAGES OR DAMAGED PRODUCTS
– VERMEULENS BUILD IT takes no responsibility for any breakages or damage of products after it has left our premises.
– Damages of up to 5% of tiles and bricks per purchase are allowed. Any tile or brick breakage in excess of 5% will be fully investigated by VERMEULENS BUILD IT and the findings will be communicated to the client within 72 hours.
– VERMEULENS BUILD IT takes no responsibility for damaged or broken garage doors after signature of receipt thereof.
– Repairs may involve a courier charge that is for the customer’s account and will be quoted and paid upfront.
– When returning a product for repair, please ensure that it is in a hygienic condition.
CUTTING OF STEEL OR WOODEN PRODUCTS
– Please ensure that all measurements are correct and the order complete.
– No precision cutting is done.
– Cutting instructions cannot be altered once approved by the customer.
– Check the following before signing any cutting instruction: o Measurements of the pieces that must be cut.
o Colour and grain of the wood.
o The edging size and -colour.
– If the customer refuse or fail to sign the wood cutting indemnity form or fail to check stock received, VERMEULENS BUILD IT will not be liable to pay any refunds if the cut wood is returned at a later stage.
WE DO NOT CUT THE FOLLOWING PRODUCTS:
– Expanded metal sheets.
– Galvanised sheets.
– Cold rolled and hot rolled sheets.
– Wooden poles.
– Gutters, y-standards, and droppers.
– Reinforced bar and mesh.
– All products purchased at VERMEULENS BUILD IT are transported at the customer’s own risk.
– VERMEULENS BUILD IT is not responsible for paint tins which fall over and open during transportation. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that tins are closed properly, packed correctly, and ready to be transported.
– The receiver must inspect the products delivered to the customer.
– Products shall be delivered to the ground floor level at the delivery address. No deliveries will be carried up to any level above ground floor level.
– Delivery charges shall accrue on the sales date and shall be payable by the customer before the issue of a tax invoice.
– VERMEULENS BUILD IT will not be held liable for any damages on products delivered after signature of receipt. Any delivery note signed for by the customer or on behalf of the customer shall be proof of delivery of products in good order.
– Upon delivery the customer must ensure that the products listed on the documentation corresponds in description, price and quantity with the products purchased.
– Bricks will be offloaded next to the VERMEULENS BUILD IT vehicle.
- Delivery vehicles may not enter any complexes, enclosed homes, or paved areas. o If the customer insists that an enclosed area should be entered, the customer must sign the indemnity form available at the driver where after we will not accept any liability for any damage to any property.
- Deliveries are limited to the pavement or a designated area which will be suitable for offloading.
- No deliveries may be done over any existing structures, e.g., walls or fences.
- Please note that there is a pick-up charge should you require left over products to be collected. o Therefore, please ensure that you confirm exact quantities required to prevent unnecessary costs.
- There are different delivery options that will be explained by the sales personnel. Please ensure you get the details and choose the option that best fits your circumstances.
– VERMEULENS BUILD IT respects your right to privacy and is committed to the protection of all personal information. We need to process your information in certain cases but will do so with all the necessary discretion.
– The mandatory minimum personal information may include, but is not limited to:
o Name and surname.
o Contact details – telephone number and email address.
o Physical address.
– VERMEULENS BUILD IT has the legal right to supply goods pertaining to the sales agreement.
– VERMEULENS BUILD IT is not liable to pay any charges or encumbrances pertaining to said goods in favour of a third party.
– Links from this website to any other website are provided for convenience only, and do not imply affiliation with or endorsement by VERMEULENS BUILD IT.
– VERMEULENS BUILD IT does not assume any responsibility for the content or operation of external websites that link to this website or which are linked from this website.
– You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without our prior consent.
– These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of South Africa.
– We will use our best efforts to accurately display goods in terms of colour, description, and price in our store.
– Promotions are only valid on selected items, specified dates and while stocks last.
– Goods purchased at a higher price than a future promotional price will not be subject to a discount.
– VERMEULENS BUILD IT has put in place suitable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to secure material and information against loss, misuse, damage, or modification and unauthorised access or disclosure.